The Lower Colorado River Authority’s Fayette Power Plant is looking for a Senior level Electrician for full time employment. The individual needs to be a genuine self starter and have the ability to work in a team setting or in an individual basis. The candidate will need to read and understand complicated prints and be familiar with the use of all of the tools of the electrical trade. Prior Coal fired power plant experience is a plus. Live within an hour drive of the facility to respond to call out.
You will be trusted to:
- Able to think out of the box to solve problems
- possess good electrical trouble shooting skills
- able to use electrical test equipment
- ability to mentor coworkers with less experience.
- excellent communication skills
You qualify with:
- Four or more years of experience in maintenance and/or construction of electrical power generation, transmission, distribution, substation and control equipment, and/or other types of electrical equipment, including experience reading blueprints.
- A degree(s) in electrical power theory, electronics, instrumentation, controls, industrial maintenance or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Successful completion through Level III of the electrician curriculum of the Power Plants’ Craft Qualification Program substitutes for four years of experience.
- Driver’s license required for incumbents assigned to the dam & hydro function.
- Class A Texas commercial driver’s license or equivalent from another state required for incumbents with heavy equipment operation and transportation responsibilities.
– Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
– Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
– 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
– Life and disability insurance
– Wellness program including wellness incentive
– Extensive learning & development programs
And more – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: 6/30/2022 Central Daylight Time