At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Customer Support organization is seeking a 787/777 Structural Repair Engineer to supporting the development of the Structural Repair Manual (SRM). This position is located in Seal Beach California.
In this position, you will be responsible for participating in the development of practical and economical retrofit/repair plans, to meet customer needs, for incorporation into the SRM. Tasked with integrating data from production and retrofit drawings, specifications, product standards, tooling designs, internal/external publications, test/inspection procedures and customer information, to a ensure complete and accurate SRM procedures. Part of your responsibility will be to coordinate with FAA Engineering Unit Members (E-UM) and IPT groups, such as stress and materials engineering groups, to ensure feasibility, safety, and compliance with customer requirements and regulatory standards. You are to manage assigned work to a schedule agreed to by internal parties and external customers. If necessary, you will assist in the analysis of basic customer technical queries and provide retrofit/repair solutions.
- Use ENOVIA, CATIA, IVT, and other internal tools to research and understand structural parts, designs, and finishes
- Research and review Stress Engineering’s strength check notes and other engineering data to formulate allowable damage limits and repair procedures in the SRM
- Assist in developing SRM procedures for various components throughout the airframe
- Coordinate with various engineering groups and E-UMs to provide FAA approved structural repairs to meet regulatory/customer requirements and schedule
- Assist in providing updates and necessary improvements to the SRM for improved customer satisfaction and efficiency, and to meet changing requirements
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualification (Required skills/Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or science related discipline
- 5+ years’ experience with structural design principles for repair and maintenance (e.g., fatigue, damage tolerance, corrosion, stress analysis, statics, materials strength, material characteristics, repair techniques).
- 5+ years’ experience with coordinating across multiple disciplines to develop repair data.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with engineering tools such as ENOVIA, PDM, MAPPER, and CATIA is desired
- 1+ years of experience with ENOVIA and/or CatiaV5
- Experience working with FAA or Regulatory Administration regulations is desired
- Knowledge about Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA) is desired
- Experience in Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO) operations and environment
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master +3 years’ related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position is for 1st shift
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.