We are looking for an experienced Product Leader to the App Partner facing parts of our Distribution Platform including Developer Portal, Developer Tools and Developer Analytics. You will build and lead a team of Product Managers and work with our architects and engineering teams and Partner Management team to ensure we are building the right features, tools, services to make it easy to build and integrate apps for our global app platform.
The Global App Platform delivers a publish once, distribute everywhere solution for streaming video OTT providers, connected tv applications, and content creators & distributors. With a reach to tens of millions of households across devices from Xfinity X1, Xfinity Flex, XClass, Sky Q, Sky Glass, Cox Contour, Rogers Blue Sky, and more.
Your team will be responsible for the gathering of requirements from internal stakeholders and 3rd parties, to facilitate self-service publishing of connected tv apps and content to the Global App Platform. Translate requirements into actionable & measurable user stories & tasks. Work with engineering to prioritize the distribution portal, tools, and documentation backlog.
You will work closely with the cross-functional Global App Platform team consisting of other product managers, partner managers, engineers, and business owners to grow the adoption of the Global App Platform. You will be part of the cross functional team that integrates each distributor who will distribute apps with the Global App Platform.
A successful candidate in this role will be able to identify the current functional gaps and app partner friction points in using our existing processes, tools & documentation – and execute against a roadmap to quickly deploy a minimum viable Developer Portal, Developer Tools and Developer Analytics, while maintaining a long-term perspective of how it will benefit distributors and increase the reach of the Global App Platform.
- Be the voice of 3rd party App Partners who use the Developer portal, tools, and analytics. Understand their needs and cultivate self-service solutions to remove obstructions to publishing apps using the Global App Platform.
- Ensure that all app partner facing portal, tools, and analytics are functional, correct, and relevant. The Global App Platform tools & portal are very visible touch points, uptime and accuracy is paramount.
- Work with the UX team to unify the portal, tools, and developer analytics experience to have a common voice, tone, and ux.
- Refine the submission & publishing workflow to increase app & content launch velocity
- Focus on increasing the number of app & content publishers using the unified tools & portal
- Evaluate the competitive landscape, understanding how other OTT platforms work
- Evangelize the long-term vision and benefits of the Global App Platform for app partners
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience building and leading a product team
- Experience developing a market-based product strategy and outcome-based roadmaps
- Experienced communicator – comfortable participating in daily stand-ups, 1 on 1 discussions, and presenting to senior leadership
- Experience working closely with architects and engineering teams to build new products
- Understands app development and publishing workflows for RokuOS, FireTV, tvOS and Android TV
- Technical understanding of workflow management, content management systems and authentication/registration methods
- Can define objectives & key results for an online portal
- Experience with platforms at scale
- Able to collaborate and work independently
- Understanding of the domestic US and global streaming device/connected TV space
- Familiar with app/content publishing lifecycle – develop > submit > launch > update
- Makes market based and data driven decisions
- Can define objectives & key results for a unified developer tool & portal strategy
- 10+ years’ experience as a product manager – gathering requirements, writing user stories, grooming backlogs
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.