At an intermediate level, repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment and appliances in a facilities or other non-energy services environment. This position utilizes knowledge and experience in own discipline but is still building higher-level knowledge and skills. Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues
You will be trusted to:
- Knowledge of electrical circuit theory
- Skill in troubleshooting
- Skill in reading, interpreting and understanding all types of electrical schematic diagrams and blueprints
- Work involves weekends, holidays and non-standard hours
- Work involves traveling and lodging out of town
- Ability to remain alert and attentive to job requirements and co-workers
- Skill in communicating effectively with team members and supervision/management under normal and
You qualify with:
- Two or more years of experience in maintenance and/or construction of electrical power generation, transmission, distribution, substation and control equipment, and/or other types of electrical equipment, including experience reading blueprints.
- A degree(s) in electrical power theory, electronics, instrumentation, controls, industrial maintenance or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Successful completion through Level II of the electrician curriculum of the Power Plants’ Craft Qualification Program substitutes for two years of experience.
- Driver’s license required for incumbents assigned to the dam & hydro function.
- Class A Texas commercial driver’s license or equivalent from another state required for incumbents with heavy equipment operation and transportation responsibilities.
– Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
– Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
– 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
– Life and disability insurance
– Wellness program including wellness incentive
– Extensive learning & development programs
And more – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: 6/07/2022 Central Daylight Time