Responsible for validating software solutions in various testing environments. Contributes to the development of test strategies and the design of quality assurance practices. Collaborates with other Engineers to identify, reproduce and document defects, bugs, or problems. Maintains technical quality assurance and control systems and activities. Utilizes clearly defined standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products. Assists product support areas in gathering and analyzing data. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Writes and executes tests to validate products and software applications.
- Contributes to the development of Quality Assurance test philosophies and methodologies. Identifies viable test strategies in order to support testing product functionality.
- Collaborates with product and development teams to identify product and technical requirements.
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards product testability and verification.
- Ensures proper execution of regression test procedures and automated test suites and scripts. Participates in design, code and functional product reviews.
- Works with other Quality Assurance Engineers or Software Engineers to identify, reproduce and document bugs or defects.
- Assists in providing guidance and mentorship for junior-level Quality Assurance Engineers. Provides technical leadership and consultation with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Supports trials of new infrastructure designs/services.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.