Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that includes: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Distribution Center for Albertsons is located in Brea, CA has an opening for a Facilities Maintenance Supervisor.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the maintenance and sanitation departments to ensure that planned maintenance and sanitation procedures are being performed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Oversee the purchase of parts, tools and materials for maintenance and sanitation purposes as required.
- Verify work orders to ensure they are properly documented for all jobs
- Conduct department and entire facility safety surveys and assign work orders and personnel to correct deficiencies.
- Respond to and investigate accidents, near miss situations, and equipment and facility integrity issues.
- Participate in departmental and facility safety team meeting
- Oversee grounds sanitation and maintenance to include landscape and pavement.
- Assist in troubleshooting equipment and facility system symptoms.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong administrative skills to include PC skills (i.e. Excel, Word, Access, DataStream, Maximo, etc.)
- Must be detail-oriented and well- organized. Possess ability to concentrate and deal with frequent interruptions in a fast- paced environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory, management or lead person role.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of material handling equipment, conveyors, forklifts, sweepers/scrubbers, auto storage and retrieval system, etc.
- Ammonia refrigeration experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced distribution environment with high awareness of safety.
- Technical mechanical and electrical skills.
- Proven ability to manage within a team structure.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in multiple temperature environments.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons/Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons/Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace — all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test and a background check before they are hired.
Interested candidates submit their application by going to: Albertsons.com/careers