The Sales Development function is a key partner organization working with Sales but not directly owning the revenue target and client relationship. Sales Development key responsibilities include industry research, development of marketing narratives, creation of integrated marketing opportunities, support of the pre- and post-sales process and analysis of post-campaign results.
Effectv works with advertisers across many business verticals including home improvement, healthcare, retail, legal services, travel, education and finance. We refer to this collection of local business verticals as “Market Retail”. This role provides leadership and subject matter expertise within the market retail vertical. Responsible for managing five direct reports inside the market retail pod under the Effectv Sales Development Team. Partners with other sales development leaders, Measurement & Insights Leader and VP of Sales on defining the strategy for said vertical.
- Defines and manages the overall sales development process for the Market-Retail vertical.
- Ensures responsibilities are carried out according to proper policies and procedures and in accordance with the overall functional strategy.
- Facilitates sales materials and resource needs. Coordinates the distribution of sales materials and resources.
- Constantly educates self on category and/or industry insights and keeps up on industry changes or trends.
- Leads assigned advertising sales teams to understand and track schedules for major initiatives and advertising campaigns. Monitors adherence to master advertising production schedule.
- Provides leadership to Market Retail Sales Development Teams consisting of advertising strategists, portfolio strategists, solution specialist and sales coordinator.
- Interfaces with Advertising Sales and other departments to coordinate ad packages, sponsorships, and ad options being offered.
- Creates work performance standards. Remains available to Advertising Sales Team and resolves operational questions and issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 5-7 years’ experience in an advertising environment
- Previous experience directly managing others is a must
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.