Within our TPX (Technology, Product, Experience) organization, Comcast’s Connected Living team is seeking to bring the future to our customers with a radically simple yet powerful connectivity experience. This means making it incredibly easy to have outstanding speed and coverage throughout your home; delivering magical smart home solutions that just work; and being the industry leader to keep your home private, safe, and secure. Broadband has become Comcast’s hero product, and we are developing the complete connected home experience that makes our broadband so unique.
We are passionate about teamwork, growing the skills of our talent, and building amazing experiences for customers. We have offices in Philadelphia, Sunnyvale and Austin, but welcome candidates from across the country. We pursue people from different backgrounds and experiences. If this position interests you, we are interested in you. Please apply!
The Connected Living Platform is the foundation on which Comcast and other platforms customers rely on to deliver a world class broadband experience. Our APIs already power several customers in the US and globally, and we are looking to expand the reach further. Reporting to the Director of Product Management, Platform, you, the Senior Product Manager, API Platforms will be responsible for API product lifecycle, roadmap, successful adoption, infrastructure, and corresponding documentation needed by Connected Living Global Platform customers to build a broadband experience powered by the capabilities available in the Platform. Working closely with engineering leads from across the organization and key internal as well as external collaborators, your responsibilities include:
- Engage with the customer product teams to understand existing or target customer experience and customers’ processes and map these to platform APIs
- Develop and lead the platform APIs roadmap in collaboration with the stakeholders
- Develop features/ stories and drive the development of platform API components with engineering teams
- Prioritize roadmap features based on perceived customer value, metrics, and release planning constraints; fulfilling the product role within the scrum team, leading the product backlog, and writing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work with product and engineering team to build the proper platform documentation and training
- Define key metrics to track the usability, quality, performance, security and usage of the platform APIs
- Contribute to platform roadmap and evolution
Below is our list of preferred qualifications. We know that people with different skills and experiences can also be successful in this role. For that reason, it is not necessary that you possess all these traits. If you are missing a few, please apply anyway!
A product pro. You know how to identify customer needs, determine problems to solve, and translate them to experience requirements that become user stories in a prioritized product backlog. You work cross-functionally with your design and engineering partners, providing clear direction on the “what” and “why” but giving them a strong voice to define the “how”.
Action- and execution-oriented. You aren’t afraid to ask questions in a room with many people to get to the information you need. You can agree on an array of constraints, guidelines, and business rules as you define your experience requirements…all without sacrificing what’s right for the customers. You know how to roll with the punches, find the path forward as the landscape changes, clearly communicate, and bring all impacted partners along with you.
A relationship builder. You know that relationships drive your ability to succeed. You understand the value of listening first, then talking; of giving consistently and receiving occasionally. You’ve seen how strong cross-team collaboration and partnership yields the best outcomes.
A customer-centric, data-driven strategist. You keep the customer at the center of what you do. You take time to understand the customer and market by digging into the data, user research, and actually talking to living, breathing customers. You synthesize this info to define core customer needs, problems to solve, and solutions to build. As you launch new features, you consider how to measure their impact and success and use that data to inform what you build next.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent business experience.
Technical expertise. Having experience defining, building and maintaining API for consumer facing products is very beneficial in this role, as is a solid understanding of highly scalable cloud-based solution and architectural patterns like microservices, event-driven architecture and more
Experience. 3-5 years of experience in Product Management; a blend of design and/or engineering experience is also a plus. We would also love to hear your explanation as to why your unique experience would make the team more successful.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.