Within our TPX (Technology, Product, Experience) organization, Comcast’s Connected Living team is seeking to bring the future to our customers with a radically simple yet powerful connectivity experience across both fixed and mobile networks. This means delivering unbeatable Internet speed and reliability to every device in the home, delivering magical smart home solutions that just work, and being the industry leader to keep our customers’ entire connected life private, safe, and secure across networks. It also means empowering partners across the globe to deliver their customers amazing connectivity experiences. Broadband has become Comcast’s hero product – we are developing an incredibly unique broadband experience.
Our customers love the benefits of fully connecting their lives, at home and on the go. However, they also want full control over who uses that connectivity, when they use it, and how they use it. The Senior Product Manager, Connectivity Controls will be dedicated to delivering our customers the most powerful Internet controls on the market, enabling them at home and on the go, and making them super easy and intuitive to use. Their product areas of responsibility will include:
- Family Settings – empower customers to manage screen and Internet time across all family members and all of their devices
- Guest Experiences – allow customers to control how guests use their network and for how long
- Xfinity Mobile Management – enable customers to easily monitor and manage usage of mobile networks
- Gateway Management – demystify advanced gateway settings such as port forwarding and DMZ
- Craft a product strategy and roadmap for our Connectivity Controls that reflect the needs of Comcast and its syndication partners in these domains
- Prioritize roadmap features based on perceived customer value, metrics, and release planning constraints
- Fulfill the product role within the scrum team, owning the product backlog, and writing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with program management and engineering teams to deliver high quality products on time
- Maintain the highest level of quality and efficacy of our Connectivity Control products
- Drive awareness of, adoption of, and engagement with these products
- Ensure products are developed to support partners across the globe
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Partner with Marketing, Business, and Customer Experience teams to align with GTM plans and deliver on business outcomes
Below is our list of preferred qualifications. We know that people with different skills and experiences can also be successful in this role. For that reason, it is not necessary that you possess all these traits. If you are missing a few, please apply anyway!
A product pro. You know how to identify customer needs, determine problems to solve, and translate them to experience requirements that become user stories in a prioritized product backlog. You work cross-functionally with your design and engineering partners, providing clear direction on the “what” and “why” but giving them a strong voice to define the “how”.
Action- and execution-oriented. You aren’t afraid to ask questions in a room with many people to get to the information you need. You can negotiate an array of constraints, guidelines, and business rules as you define your experience requirements…all without sacrificing what’s right for the customers. You know how to roll with the punches, find the path forward as the landscape changes, clearly communicate, and bring all impacted partners along with you.
A relationship builder. You know that relationships drive your ability to succeed. You understand the value of listening first, then talking; of giving consistently and receiving occasionally. You’ve seen how strong cross-team collaboration and partnership yields the best outcomes.
A customer-centric, data-driven strategist. You keep the customer at the center of what you do. You take time to understand the customer and market by digging into the data, user research, and actually talking to living, breathing customers. You synthesize this info to define core customer needs, problems to solve, and solutions to build. As you launch new features, you consider how to measure their impact and success and use that data to inform what you build next.
Technical expertise. Having a basic understanding of networking will be beneficial in this role
Experience. 3+ years of experience in Product Management; a blend of design and/or engineering experience is also a plus. We would also love to hear your explanation as to why your unique experience would make the team more successful; if you don’t quite fit the mold, apply anyway.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.