Within the TPX organization, Comcast’s Connected Living team is seeking to bring the future to our customers with a radically simple yet powerful connectivity experience. This means making it incredibly easy to have unrivaled speed and coverage throughout your home; delivering magical smart home solutions that just work; and being the industry leader to keep your home private, safe, and secure. Broadband has become Comcast’s hero product, and we are developing the complete connected home experience that makes our broadband so unique.
We pursue people from different backgrounds and experiences. If this position interests you, we are interested in you. Please apply!
As a member the Connected Living product team, you will help elevate the definition of internet onboarding to a robust experience spanning all steps of the customer’s journey. Our success will be measured by the level of support we provide as well as connection success as our customers navigate device installation and service activation.
The Senior Product Manager role will report into the Senior Director, Connectivity Onboarding, and assist with efforts to help drive the product strategy, define the customer experience, and track the success metrics for self-install activation of leased and customer owned gateways. To succeed in this role, you should have a strong product mindset and experience working with cross-functional teams.
A Successful Candidate is:
Action- and execution-oriented. You aren’t afraid to ask questions in a room with many people to get to the information you need. You can negotiate an array of constraints, guidelines, and business rules as you define your experience requirements…all without sacrificing what’s right for the customers. You can then turn those requirements into user stories within a prioritized product backlog. You know how to roll with the punches, find the path forward as the landscape changes, clearly communicate and bring all impacted partners along with you.
A relationship builder. You know that relationships drive your ability to succeed. You understand the value of listening first, then talking; of giving consistently and receiving occasionally. You’ve seen how strong cross-team collaboration and partnership yields the best outcomes. You work with your design and engineering partners, providing clear direction on the “what” and “why” but giving them a strong voice to define the “how”.
A customer-centric, data-driven strategist. You keep the customer at the center of what you do. You take time to understand the customer and market by digging into the data, research, and actually talking to breathing, living customers. You synthesize this info to define core customer needs, problems to solve, and solutions to build.
- Ownership and stewardship of the entire product lifecycle – discovery, definition, development, delivery, deployment, and optimization.
- Contribute to the overall vision and help bring the product roadmap to life.
- Direct, synthesize and analyze customer research and competitive analysis to obtain product insights that can be translated into the experiences we build and delivery.
- Work with product, business, user experience design, engineering (hardware and software), stakeholders and program delivery to help define and deliver the onboarding product vision.
- Track key features, deliverables and associated deployment targets
- Monitor product performance including success, operational metrics, and the overall quality of the experience and drive resolutions when those items require improvement
Below is our list of preferred qualifications. We know that people with different skills and experiences can be successful in this role as well. For that reason, it is not necessary that you possess all these traits. If you are missing a few, please apply anyway.
- Experienced or familiarity with Agile software development
- Self-motivated, independent worker, able to drive multiple projects
- Creative, flexible, detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving mindset
- Ability to lead end-to-end deliveries of high-quality products and experiences.
- Ability to perform within a closely-knit team and improve the execution of your teammates.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- 5-8 years of digital product experience including requirements definition, management of engineering cycles, interaction design, user research, and usability testing. We would also love to hear your explanation as to why your unique experience would make the team more successful.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.