Comcast’s Connected Living organization is seeking an Devops Engineer (Eng4) to join our Technology Optimization team. This group is responsible for developing tools and platforms that are used by developers across connected living to enhances xFi , Xfinity Home Security and Connected living Automation application and services. We are a team of devops engineers that have a mix of responsibilities to create tools and platform services on one hand and on the other hand provide 24/7 support for the services we develop. Our team takes ownership of mature applications to manage operations and optimize infrastructure and costs. Some of the examples of this work is the xfinity home security back office applications that are hosted on Weblogic application servers and an Oracle database hosted on on-premise and AWS infrastructure; AWS fargate clusters with aurora database; Cost optimization of services running in public/private cloud environments ; just to name a few
As a Devops Engineer, you will be leading an off-shore development team, working on cutting edge technology stacks that impacts and delights millions of Comcast customers.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Developing technical requirements with Product owners
Managing development team day-to-day activities
Broad technical proficiency, with a thirst for knowledge, and a ‘can do’ attitude
Ability to manage rapidly shifting priorities and dependencies
Hands-on technical experience in Linux environments
Ability and readiness to quickly learn new technologies.
Should have participated in, and be familiar with, Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
Take high-level design decisions from team and turn them into reality that solves customer issues
Team player, excellent communication skills and able to successfully articulate technology concepts to both business and technical audience
Demonstrated ability to quickly understand business requirements, propose reference architectures, and possible technology solutions. Must be capable of presenting options and weigh implementation
Solid scripting & development language (e.g., Java, bash, Go, Python, etc.)
Experience with Weblogic and Oracle database
Experience with automation software using Ansible , HashiCorp stack and Python
Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Grafana/InfluxDB, Nagios, Datadog, CloudWatch, New Relic etc.)
Experience building tools for automation (building, testing, releasing, monitoring and alarming)
Experience with IaaS and PaaS providers such as AWS, OpenStack, VMWare etc.
Proficient in Linux command Line, system Administration and good hands-on installing software on Linux platforms
Understanding of containers technologies like Docker & Kubernetes. Hands-on experience with building and running containers on Kubernetes platform is a plus
Some networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Firewalls, traffic shaping, and load balancing)
Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins, Concourse etc.
Experience with deploying and operating infrastructure running micro services based platforms
Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.