The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world-a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts, and a cruise line to sports, news, movies, and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences – and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Walt Disney Television Group, Disney Television Animation (DTVA) is a high-volume digital animation production studio. DTVA’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products makes its use of technology, engineering, development techniques, and software critical to its production operations and workflows. Disney Television Animation Technology (DTVAT) innovates and delivers solutions supporting our animation studio, whose legendary content transcends generations. As part of the Technology team, you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of exciting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive innovation.
The Local 700 Y4 Engineer:
- Serves as the principal technical liaison and service delivery resource for all Audio and Video editors and playback operators, editorial, design, and mix users.
- Participates in the: research, design, documenting, testing, deployment, and support of all editorial and sound editing and mix systems, their peripherals, and the physical configuration of our editorial suites.
- Participates in inventory management programs.
- Monitors and handles support requests, assuring all requests get resolved per Service Level Agreements.
- Collaborates daily with:
- Userbase and executive stakeholder.
- Editorial users and Technology and Engineering partners.
- 3rd party vendors.
- Collaborates with technical project management efforts.
- Partners closely with Technology and Engineering partners across the DTVAT team.
- Ability to physically lift 40lbs
Knowledge, experience and expertise with:
- Editorial, Digital Distribution workflows.
- Casting, Music, Editorial and Post-production engineering & front-end operators.
- Audio / Video file codecs.
- Audio & Video routing systems.
- Audio / Video engineering & signal flow troubleshooting (HDMI, HD/SDI, AES, analog audio & video) both direct connect and over Fiber Optics – with and without TCP/IP transport.
- Waveform monitors, scopes, and video/audio signal analyzers & generators as well as sync measurement devices.
- Monitor and Display technologies: Color calibration and color science.
- IP based interconnected equipment.
- Networked attached and local data storage systems:
- Avid Nexis file systems
- Other file systems
- Interconnected clients over variety of protocols: NFS, SMB, DFS, NTFS.
- Experience working with hosted file systems and permission structures:
- Experience working in animation post production setting preferably in a studio or post production facility.
- Script-based tools understanding (at an authoring level) a plus:
- bash, Perl, Python, etc.
- Avid ACSR Certification or equivalent experience for Media Composer & Nexis Elite, Pro Tools, Interplay/ Media Central & Cloud UX a plus.
- Ability to create and maintain:
- Project Planning inclusive of subtasks, bill-of-materials, time/labor components, etc.
- Diagramming and Documentation of procedures, processes and systems inclusive of written processes (orders of execution), technical line drawings and logic charts.
- Excellent customer-service orientation & client rapport with a full understanding of the nuances of supporting a fast-paced post-production environment.
- Excellent time management skills:
- Ability to multitask in a complex, diverse production environment.
- Ability to quickly prioritize execution of tasks based on decisions given.
- Motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent organization, logical / analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This position is covered under a collective bargaining agreement- IATSE Local 700
- Equal Opportunity Employer — Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you’re an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company’s most beloved animated shows. If you’ve got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.